This legal template, titled "Advisor Agreement (Payment Via Share Options) under UK law," is a contractual document that outlines the terms and conditions between a company and an advisor. The agreement is specific to the United Kingdom jurisdiction and focuses on a unique payment arrangement whereby the advisor will receive compensation in the form of share options rather than traditional monetary methods.
The template aims to establish a clear understanding and binding agreement between the company and the advisor regarding the services provided, the duration of the agreement, and the compensation structure. The document will generally include sections such as:
1. Party details: Identifies the company and the advisor, providing their respective names, addresses, and other necessary identification details.
2. Engagement terms: Outlines the scope of services the advisor will provide to the company, specifying the nature of their expertise and the specific areas they will be advising on.
3. Compensation: Details how the advisor will be remunerated for their services primarily through the allocation of share options. It may include information on the method of valuation, the exercise period, vesting conditions, and any additional terms related to the share options.
4. Confidentiality and non-disclosure: Includes provisions to protect the company's sensitive information and trade secrets, ensuring that the advisor maintains strict confidentiality during and after the agreement.
5. Intellectual property: Clarifies the ownership and rights related to any intellectual property created or utilized during the advisory engagement.
6. Termination: Establishes the circumstances under which either party can terminate the agreement, and the notice period required for such termination.
7. Governing law and jurisdiction: Specifies that the agreement will be governed by UK law and designates the specific jurisdiction for any legal disputes that may arise.
The Advisor Agreement (Payment Via Share Options) under UK law is crucial for ensuring a transparent and legally binding relationship between a company and an advisor, outlining the rights, obligations, and compensation structure to protect the interests of all parties involved. As specific laws and regulations may vary, it is advisable to obtain legal counsel to tailor the document to the unique requirements of the situation.
Must have a Share Option Programme in place
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
Consumer, Public & Health Services
Sport & Entertainment
Relevant company sizes
1 - 3
20 - 49
250 - 999
4 - 19
50 - 249
England and Wales